The New Teaching Block at Landau College comprised of a two storey building providing additional teaching accommodation required to fulfill its future City Academy status.
Sponsored by Landau Forte Charitable Trust, the new Tamworth Academy premises was split over two sites with 11-16 learning provision located on the Woodhouse site and a new Post 16 Centre built next to Queen Elizabeth’s Mercian School.
The latest award of the New Sports Centre, expands the facilities of the Academy further. The multi functional facilities will consist of a main Hall which will provide 1800 m2 in total and will be supplemented by facilities for the provision of netball, cricket, badminton, basketball and possibly others.
The provision of a restaurant is also included at the Academy which will be created through an extension which is to be of an attractive double height design.